Self-Introduction:

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 21 16:44:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Joseph Allen  wrote:
> I will now introduce myself, starting with what I have worked on in the
> past.
>
> A while ago I worked on what I called The Linux Terminal Guide, an online
> blog with some helpful How-To articles. One day I hoped to compile a bunch
> of Man pages, but I realized that would not reach out to very many people. I
> hope to help more people by writing How To articles for Fedora Docs. I do
> not know what my skills would best be classified as but I do know how to use
> the command line VERY well, i.e. I never really use the graphical package
> manager. I guess you could say I know-my-way around Fedora as I have
> "hacked" it, an example being that I as I write I am using Wmii with
> Gnome-Panel. I do know how to use Web Servers and Administer web-sites. On
> the side I like chatting with my friends and helping my mom with her
> Fedora-enabled computer.
>
> So what makes me an excellent match for the project? I feel that Fedora is
> rather lacking some docs, and I want to help! I have rather good writing
> skills and I know how to do a fair amount in Fedora. I look forward to
> working on some Docs!
>
>  As requested here is the output of gpg --fingerprint :
> [joseph at localhost ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 60A37A5D
> pub   1024D/60A37A5D 2009-12-19
>       Key fingerprint = 43EF DBB9 8299 73F6 1689  7206 091A D1B9 60A3 7A5D
> uid                  Joseph Allen
> sub   2048g/4D7523E1 2009-12-19
>
> --
> JOSEPH ALLEN, C/A, CAP
> G.V. 'Sonny' Montgomery Composite Squadron
> SER-MS-102
> Mississippi Wing Civil Air Patrol
>
> --

Hi Joseph:

Welcome -
We meet on Wednesday's in irc you can find details here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_Steering_Committee_meetings

Most of our formal guides are written in DocBook XML and we use
Publican to publish. You may want to take a gander at something
already written:
The below line will get you a copy of the install-guide
git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/install-guide.git

We also work off the wiki a good bit, and are in large part the wiki gardeners.

Feel free to jump in and start working. If you see a document you want
to work in, just ask on list, the document lead will likely pipe up
and you can move from there.