AGBeta

Karsten Wade karstenwade at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:46:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Murray McAllister
<murray.mcallister at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If this is the latest version of the AG guide:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AGBeta/
>>
>> Shall I improve the 'Managing Storage and Partitions' part?
>>

>> Best
>>
>> A. Mani
>>

>> --
>> A. Mani
>> Member, Cal. Math. Soc
> There is content (see the "Sections" section) here:
>
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide>

That guide is not being worked on for Fedora 11.

That is, I'm not trying to discourage people from doing work, but the
team decided to only work on guides that have document leads and a
team to work on them.  We seem to have our hands full with what was
chosen, too.  If anyone wants to take on the lead for that guide, the
overall team needs to think about the resource usage, distraction, and
value.

One other consideration is that much of the content in an
Administration Guide for Fedora duplicates what can be found in the
Red Hat Deployment Guide:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html

Some folks have been working on release that content to be worked on
in the community under the name 'Linux Deployment Guide':

http://fedorahosted.org/deploymentguide

If we head off in another direction right now, I'd guess we would be
duplicating work that could be done from within that Deployment Guide.
 It would be a shame to do that, although I reckon we cannot wait
forever for the Deployment Guide content to be opened.

Karsten Wade
http://iquaid.org