Zikula Running docs.fedoraproject.org

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:03:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:31:33AM -0000, Simon Birtwistle wrote:
> Karsten,
>
> Thanks for inviting me to this list, I did reply before but it appears my
> message got lost somewhere.  I've asked others on our team to register in
> order to widen the pool of expertise a little.
>
> Do you have any questions for us, comments on how you'd like things to be
> done or anything else you'd like to make us aware of?  I can try to give an
> indication of how Zikula might satisfy your needs.  Please also check out
> our site at www.zikula.org, there's a bit of extra information on there
> (though we're in the process of a fairly major revision to the documentation
> so things are a bit in flux).

I have little experience with CMS overall, but Zikula looks very
interesting.  I had some passing thoughts that may not be specific
enough to really be questions for the Zikula guys yet.  Anyone who
wants to add to or clarify them, please feel free!

* Integration with Fedora Account System for single sign on
  capabilities.  At the very least, we want to start with using the
  FAS for authentication.

* Any possibility in the future of a SCM <-> DocBook <-> XHTML content
  conduit?  That way people could write the content in wiki style,
  have it translated into rough DocBook and stored in an SCM
  elsewhere, and an editor in between could re-tag things as needed.
  This is a bit of pie-in-the-sky; the important thing right now is to
  have a workflow that allows for easier and more scalable publishing
  and translating efforts.