Preparing for F11 Release Notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:35:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:39:27PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>> Right, and I think there's also some precedent for this in the
>> Installer beat, where there are some average-sized changes from
>> release to release, but even the unchanging information is extremely
>> valuable to the user.
>
> Is it worth moving that kind of information out of the release notes into
> the wiki or published guides and just add a reference?  The installer beat
> information could move into the installation guide for the most part, I
> think.
>
> Others have pointed out that carrying the same information across
> releases makes it difficult to spot what has truly changed which I think
> is a important point.

Actually, that is a good point.  We would want to keep a few factoids
there like minimum memory and so forth, because the Release Notes are
probably an order of magnitude more consulted than the IG.  Those
factoids also happen to be the most likely to change over time, so
this sounds sensible to me.

Whoever handles the Installer beat should probably check this strategy
with the Anaconda team to make sure they're OK with it too.

Paul