PATCH[1/1] Linux Security Guide

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Mon Jan 5 03:23:45 UTC 2009

Good resources.  Thanks for sending them.  My reasoning for building
that part of the Security Guide based on US Government documents and not
documents from Universities or commercial sources has a simple
explanation.  Government computers HAVE to be secure.  I've seen way too
many universities and businesses run a half-way security mindset.  They
are too interested in the bottom line than a secure system even though a
secure system will help the bottom line in the long run.

The only other industry that I would like to pull from is the banking
industry.  They are generally notorious for their secure systems (I'm
talking about the larger banks).  They could stand to loose billions of
dollars if they are "broken into".  Of course most of the banks make
their documentation secret as to not tip off anyone with a possible
documented flaw.

I agree that we should be looking at multiple sources and that will come
in time.  Please feel free to add information into the guide.  I'll be
happy to read any patches that you, or anyone else, has to offer to the
guide.  If you have any specific interests, please let me know!

Thanks,
Eric Christensen
E-Mail: sparks at fedoraproject.org
GPG Key: BD0C14C1