User Guide status?

Matthew Daniels danielsmw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:37:31 UTC 2009

Sorry I haven't jumped in on this email sooner; I've been moving back
into Clemson today and haven't been near a computer.

>> Will that be done in the wiki?  Or straight in XML from a git repo?
>> I'm good with either - just let me know where the FC10 version is
>> located as
>> soon as you get it moved over.
>
> That is a good question that Matthew and others need to think about.
> Once the initial F9 User Guide is converted, it might be easier to do
> the F10 update directly in XML.

I say +1 on straight to XML.  Despite the fact that it will have a
slightly larger learning curve than editing on the wiki, I would love
to get rid of the conversion process and make sure everything is nice
right on the XML document.  I think that'll be much cleaner in
general, especially since everyone will have to be looking at the
final document (as opposed to everyone writing on the wiki and then a
specialized conversion team generating the final copy).  I'll have to
learn just as much (and probably more) than a lot of us to do it this
way, but I think it's worth it.  Plus, it could get newer team members
familiar with git and XML so they can help on other docs.

-- Matthew