User Guide status?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 20:29:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:19:46PM -0500, Matthew Daniels wrote:

> Although we've been running this in a wiki, I don't think we've actually
> ever made it work like the traditional wiki.  We don't really point new
> Fedora users to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Guide, because that's
> usually where we work on it; we publish it to XML.  I'm fairly confident
> when I say that virtually nobody except us edits the User Guide, with
> exceptions few and far between.

You can also tell people who want to contribute but refuse to learn
XML to do the work in the wiki, then do a conversion of just that
content/chapter.  They can do the work in their User:Username space,
for example, or directly in User_Guide.

The wiki is a content gateway drug, it gets people hooked, then we
introduce them to the hard stuff.

It's more of a nightmare for the lead writer, but you can try it for a
release and see if it's worth the hassle for the extra collaboration
opportunities.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41