Docs at Fedora Activity Day (FAD) [SCaLE 7x 20 Feb.]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 23:25:05 UTC 2009

There is a FAD[1] happening at the Southern California Linux Expo
(SCaLE) 7x[2] on Friday 20 February.  The Ambassadors have suggested that
the FAD focus be on Ambassadors and Docs.  (A FAD is a short event of
Fedora contributors and participants that is focused on getting one or
two activities done.)

What would you suggest we focus on?  Are you in or near Southern
California?  Trip plans below.

My ideas so far:

* User Guide for F10 -- all wiki work, can use the Ambassador hardware
  as systems to write from.

* DocBook in a Day -- ~1 hour tutorial, then get busy doing a task in
  DocBook:

  * Convert F{9,10} User Guide to XML
  * Convert Installation Guide to Publican

* Installation Guide Rawhide Camp -- Test rawhide installs against the
  IG and update content, make content projections for F11.

* Security Guide Pen Testing -- Attack the concepts in the Sec Guide;
  configure systems to match SecG recommendations; whiteboard and LAN
  penetration testing.

(Sort-of in order of difficulty.)  Let's decide ASAP so Clint et al
can get the word out about our FAD focus.

My plan right now is to drive down from Nor Cal with Larry Cafiero and
a few crew.  Is there is anyone we should/could pick up on the way?
SCaLE is being held at the Westin LAX, near LAX airport; we'll be
coming down I-5 on Thursday, I reckon.

If you know any Fedorans or potential Fedorans in the LA area, let's
use the FAD as a place they can explore deeper participation in the
project.

- Karsten

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_-_FAD
[2] http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/