Re: CMS Feature: Integration with FAS?

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 15:37 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

There is an OpenID provider in FAS.  The problem is that openid can only
do authentication, not authorization.  If we want to store group
information in FAS (and we do... but it may or may not be essential)
then we need to go beyond OpenID.

FAS provides a JSON API for people to query.  That's how mediawiki and
the TG web applications work.  koji and the actual servers on which
fedora infrastructure runs are synced from the fas server on an hourly
cron job.

If possible, using the JSON API is the way to go.
So FAS does its own authorization & authentication, rather than using another system to which we can plug in?

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah hidayahonline org
www.basilgohar.com