installing the git-all and publican fedora

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:37:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:16:37PM -0500, Shajia Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was planning to contribute in some docs projects for students. While I was
> visiting installation guide section I saw that I need to get familiar with
> using 'git' if I want to contribute something to the installation guide. But
> I was not sure how to install it. .
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_work_using_git#Setting_Up
>
> Besides I am using windows vista as my operating system. Will the new
> program conflict with my existing operating system?

I have no idea whether or how git is supported on Windows.  You may
want to download a free-as-in-beer virtualization program like
VirtualBox, so you can install Fedora as a guest virtual machine and
then use all the tools we provide as part of our platform.

If you find out information on using git on Windows, it would be
awesome if you just turned that into a wiki page, since you'd be
helping other contributors who come after you!