Re: Docs Leadership: How to get there from here.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Christensen" <eric christensenplace us> To: "For participants of the Documentation Project" <fedora-docs-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: Docs Leadership: How to get there from here.

I think elections are important but I also trust our current leadership
to make the decision.

I think we should have elections. That lends some credibility to the new leader. As I understand it, though, the last time we didn't have enough suckers, er.... candidates. If that continues it could be a problem, then maybe just anointing someone is the right answer.

One issue is that I suspect a lot of good potential leaders don't see themselves as politicians. If the leader were selected, others within the team could do some behind the scenes persuading perhaps a little more easily. And at least at this point in time, those who really led the charge last time are probably in a better position than anyone to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the players.

--McD