What is the purpose of a Docs CMS?

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Jan 27 16:43:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 00:28 +0800, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> How about rather than looking for an end-all be all solution, we find
> more than one tool that can all be used together.

That brings up a very good point, and one that I didn't articulate well
in my last post:

Have we defined an overall plan for how formal documents will be
written, edited, translated, and published?  Is DocBook at the core
still a requirement?

In other words, are we going to do the
wiki->DocBook->(Translate?)->XSLT->CMS->Edit->Publish dance?  Or do we
expect the entire life-cycle of the document to live inside the CMS
system?

-Jared