Release Notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 17:16:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 01:00:40PM +1000, Ryan wrote:
> Is fedora-docs still looking for someone to co-ordinate the Fedora
> Release Notes?
>
> if so, this is me putting my hand up to help...

Great!

As it stands from last meeting we decided:

* Rotate release notes leads every release
* Begin right now training the leads/coordinators for the following
  releases

We then decided that Eric Christensen would lead for F11 and John
McDonaugh would lead for F12.

I think there is still room to get creative around that decision.
Right now, our problem is that not enough people really understand the
release notes from start to package.  I'd rather have too many people
working on that than too few.  I doubt we want to confuse things by
having a bunch of 'co-leaders', but having some active, coordinating
lieutenants might fit.

Also, as Paul mentioned, the RHEL 5.3 release notes are great, and
they show some methods that we've been discussing here.  I'd like to
see what we can do this time and how it is affected by Fedora's
different methods for gathering and writing release notes (compared to
RHEL.)

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41