Fedora 11 Schedules

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 01:06:30 UTC 2009

Noriko Mizumoto said the following on 01/27/2009 09:47 PM Pacific Time:
> John Poelstra さんは書きました:
>> I have complete a draft of the translation schedule for Fedora 11.  It
>> is based on the documentation schedule (which to date I have not
>> received any feedback).
>>
>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-trans-tasks.html
>>
>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-docs-tasks.html
>>
>> A new report I am still ironing out (huge credit goes to Ben Kahn for
>> creating it for me) is a combined view of the Docs and Translations
>> schedule with different color codings for each team.
>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-docs-and-trans-tasks.html

-cut-

>> --
> Wow! I am so impressed with this great work!!
> Thank you so much.

You are welcome!  Your detailed review was exactly what I was hoping
for.  After spending so much time looking at all the different views of
the schedule it is easy to miss things.

> Just a couple of points noticed below.
> The task numbers are based on "Fedora 11 Translation Tasks".
>
> [Docs/Trans]
> - #11 Translate Draft POT for Guides => typo of Translate Draft POs for
> Guides
done

> - #17 Trans Deadline: rel-notes => pls change to Trans Deadline: **GA
> rel-notes
done

> - #n/a there is no task item for IG which can be found at Docs Team
> Tasks #37?

IG (install guide) is included now as part of "All Guides".  For Fedora 11
the docs team (Karsten @ FUDCon) told me they are planning on releasing
the Install Guide and
Security Guide.  There could be others too so they preferred to just
call it generically "All Guides".

> [Releng/Trans]
> - #3 Software String Freeze & #8 Rebuild all translated packages =>
> those items can not be found in Releng Team Tasks. Those need to be
> included in Releng Team Tasks to let maintainers be aware important
> dates for their packages.
done

You raise a good point here.  What we probably need is a schedule view
just for package maintainers and developers.  I will create this by next
Monday or sooner if I have time.  Look for it in the navigation bar at
the top of any of the reports.

> [Web/Trans]
> - #19 Translate Final Release Banners => this item can not be found in
> Web Team Tasks. Web Team is responsible to pass the file to be translated.
> - #n/a Trans Deadline: Final Release Banners => which should be 22-May,
> please add in Translation Tasks
> - #20 Review and correct fedoraproject.org translations => what kind of
> action is expected by whom?

Excellent catches!  I confess to having a very basic understanding of
the whole l10n process particularly as it relates to artwork and
banners... is it correct to assume it follows the same POT->PO process?
  Following that assumption I added more tasks for the web team.  Please
tell me if I've got it right or correct me :)

Re: "Review and correct fedoraproject.org translations"... I have no
idea.  This was a carry-over from Fedora 10.  Can anyone else tell us
what this task should be?

Thanks,
John