Preparing for F11 Release Notes

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Jan 29 13:09:22 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>
To: "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net>; "For participants of the
Documentation Project" <fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: Preparing for F11 Release Notes

> When scrubbing in the past, I tended to look at the page
> history for each beat to see when the last update was made.

The things that drove that comment were a little unusual.  There is some
content, for example around locating codecs, that is probably worthwhile to
include in the release notes even if it doesn't change.  On the other hand,
it is easy to overlook some of that stuff that needs update.  At the last
minute we scrambled around to get updated Flash installtion instuctions on
the wiki, but the inappropriate Fedora 9 content actually appeared in the
release notes (I just now filed a bug even though I noticed that shortly
after release -- my bad).

72/73 de WB8RCR    http://www.qsl.net/wb8rcr
didileydadidah     QRP-L #1446 Code Warriors #35