fresh leader

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Thu Jan 29 15:43:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 17:46 -0500, Eric Christensen wrote:
> Thank you, Karsten, for thinking I have what it takes to lead this most
> excellent group.  Now I guess we'll see if I actually do!
>
> I know I'll be asking not only Karsten and Paul for assistance but also
> every member of this project.  We have some work ahead of us that needs
> our attention:
>
> * Release notes[1]
> * New CMS to bring up and provide training/documentation for the rest of
> Fedora
> * The many guides that are in progress
> * The wiki gardening
> * Various projects on the task table[2]
>
> Of the above projects I'm asking Ryan Lerch (ryanlerch) and John
> McDonough (jjmcd) to head up the Release Notes and Ian Weller
> (ianweller) to continue his leadership of the wiki.
>
> Thanks for everyone's hard work.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Beats
> [2]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Meetings#Task_table
>

> Thanks,
> Eric Christensen
> Fedora Docs Project
 ^ Leader,

My sincerest condolences, Eric.  ;)

I've been a leader for a few community projects before, and being
chosen, elected, or appointed for such a task is nothing to be
congratulated for.  It's not a privilege bestowed upon you, but rather,
a trust placed in your care.

However, I extend to you the hand of support where & whenever I can, and
I hope that the others involved in the Docs project & Fedora at large do
the same.  I am confident in the decision of Karsten and the others that
selected you and that they did the right thing, and with the previous
leader now at your service aside the rest of us, the transition should
be quite painless.

Best wishes to a prosperous run as the leader of the Fedora
Documentation Project!

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com