[Fwd: [publican-list] Publican 1.0]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:23:37 UTC 2009

FYI...

Paul

----- Forwarded message from Michael Hideo <mhideo at redhat.com> -----

Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:01:03 +1000
From: Michael Hideo <mhideo at redhat.com>
To: publican-list at redhat.com
Subject: [publican-list] Publican 1.0

Folks,

This is a heads up email for the plan to begin testing Publican 1.0 on
Fedora.

These are the actions we are looking at right now to begin alpha testing the
software:

F12 Guides
==========
* Installation Guide
* Security Guide
* Deployment Guide
* Virtualization Guide
* Release Notes

We will need someone from l10n to check that the translations come out
cleanly. Additionally, we will need a dedicated person to do QE against the
new bugs and to regression test against the old bugs. Also we need someone to
work between l10n and QE to ensure that all the langs still build correctly.

A few other activities that need to performed:

* Brands need to be repackaged (cc-by-sa for fedora/rh)
* Need to start a lock on the test repos

Rough timeline is sometime in the next 2 weeks. Note that the publican
software has been completely re-written from the ground up. Apparently it will
not use a "make" system but will use proper commands and actions. This will
provide more flexibility for the future and allow us to be cross platform.

More timelines and infotainment to come shortly.

- Mike