RPM Guide and RPM Max

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 12 20:18:43 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 07:44 PM, John J. McDonough wrote:

> I think the question that needs to be asked is how much value does
> Maximum RPM add, and is it appropriate or necessary to include that in
> the RPM Guide.  I haven't studied either well enough to be in a position
> to even offer an opinion.
>
> But, that is additional fodder for the discussion.

While doing this, might want to keep in mind that RPM and the tools
around RPM has changed quite a bit rendering a number of instructions
complete obsolete and even misleading in the old docs. The setting of
buildroot by RPM itself, groups is now optional and so on.

A document which is more up2date but also much shorter is at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

While merging in content together into a single guide, make sure it
reflects the current latest information.

Rahul