how can I help?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 22:02:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 05:39:44PM -0300, Niko Yoshio wrote:

> Well, the company where I work we use the mediawiki to documenting
> procedures, I have some experience in editing or creating articles,
> but I would document projects. It could also translate documents from
> English to Portuguese-Brazilian.
> The accounts are created (bugzilla and FAS), my public ssh key is okay.

Great!  We are seeing a lot of interest in using the wiki for writing
general-purpose how-to documentation.

I wonder ... would it be useful for people to read fedora-list,
fedoraforum.org, and talk with moderators on #fedora about common
issues, then turn those in to short articles on the wiki?  The next
thing is, of course, to post back to that thread (email, forum) with a
link to the new canonical wiki source for that answer.

We were talking earlier today about a knowledge base (kbase).  That is
another great idea, focused on much shorter articles to solve a
specific problem.  While that is being researched, why not start
writing content in to the wiki?

It would be a good idea to add a category at the bottom of each
article, such as:

[[Category:Kbase article]]
[[Category:Kbase article draft]]
[[Category:Kbase food]]

Maybe not all of those, but one of them. :)

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41