New Bugzilla Products

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 12:24:06 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 07:05 PM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
> Where can we find these two docs on fedoraproject.org?

Neither is published on fedoraprojects.org just yet, although you can
find a draft of the Installation Quick Start Guide here:
http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/IQSG/en-US/html-single/

I hope to upload a copy to d.fp.o shortly.

> Btw, what's the difference between install-guide and
> installation-quick-start-guide?

About 240 pages in the PDF versions :)

The Installation Guide documents the entire installation process in
detail, with all of its many options. It also includes extensive
technical background to help readers understand the choices that they
might have to make at various stages of the process.

The Installation Quick Start Guide covers the "path of least resistance"
for a typical user — downloading a live image, burning it to CD, and
installing it on a typical desktop or notebook by pretty much using the
default options all the way. This book is really just a condensed
version of the Installation Guide, built largely from XML borrowed from
the larger book (in order to lighten the load on localisation and
general maintenance).

Cheers
Rudi