Writing Tasks

Scott Radvan sradvan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 03:41:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:18:43 -0400
Eric Christensen <eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 11:50 +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is a list of possible writing tasks for fedora documentation listed
> > anywhere? I am looking at jumping into doing some writing for fedora
> > docs, and I am unsure where to start.
> >
> > What would be perfect is if there is a list of chapters or sections
> > that i could research and document for an existing book that is in
> > development. Does that exist anywhere?
> >
> > cheers,
> > ryanlerch
> >

> Ryan,
> There is always the Guide table[1].
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table
>
> Eric

The guides table is without a doubt a good thing, but I'm thinking of
someone coming from a new member's perspective who might be unsure of
where to get started and sends a similar email to Ryan's.

This table would be a pretty overwhelming thing for them to get their
feet wet with.

Ryan has a good idea - wondering if there is a way to divide things up
and distribute tasks by section/chapter or at even more granular levels
to quickly get new members more familiar with the content, the writing
styles that are best, Publican itself and to give them an impression
that even from the start, they are immediately having a positive impact
on content.

I think this would motivate new members to stick around and develop
that writing into much larger, independent books.

Thoughts?

--
Scott Radvan
Content Author, Platform (Installation and Deployment)