Kudos to RH Docs people

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 18 23:09:07 UTC 2009

Perhaps there was some announcement that I missed over the past few
weeks as I have been pretty busy.

I started looking in earnest this afternoon at the Install Guide and
saw something caused me a bit of concern. Rudi has been doing a ton of
work on the Install Guide and when I looked at the git log I noticed
repeated entries like:

Merged $foo from RHEL IG.

This set off alarms in my head as I 'KNEW' RH docs were OPL + the NC clause.

I went to confirm this with the docs and noticed the changelog on the
RHEL Install Guide for 1/5/09 noted the following change:
revised Legal Notice, removed restrictions

See:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Installation_Guide/appe-Publican-Revision_History.html

Kudos to the RH Docs people for being bold and using a free license.