Publican Issues

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Mar 25 21:34:47 UTC 2009

I've been discussing Publican problems since December of 2008.  Many
have been discussing it longer.  At tonight's (today's) Docs Project
meeting we will discuss Publican and how to go forward.  Right now I can
see five options for moving forward:

1. Use Publican for a guide but munge through to an RPM that Fedora will
consume; use jjmcd's script or a new .spec file
2. Fork Publican and remove the variable that puts the version # in the
name
3. Get the Packaging Committee to amend the rules
4. Use Publican for HTML + PDF and fedora-doc-utils for RPM
5. Use f-doc-utils exclusively

Be thinking about this for tonight's meeting.

Thanks,
Eric