Publican Issues

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:09:03 UTC 2009

Christopher Curran wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> Good luck getting the blind to see.
>>>

>> We as a community need to show more respect for each other. Even if you
>> disagree with something, this is not the way to go about resolving it.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> Being a roadblock is not resolving it either. There is working with
> developers and there is actively working against them. Respect is earnt,
> not given to the wanting.

Considering that I don't even know what the problem is and no one who's
swinging the hate bat has yet to clarify that on this list or the
packaging list (where everyone in the FPC will see it rather than just
the one randomly subscribed to this list.)  It's hard to see how I can
act as a very effective roadblock.

One note, though: while the FPC tries to implement goals in a way that's
as easy as possible for the developers involved, the goals themselves
are primarily about getting high quality packages to end-users, not
making developers lives easier.  If you have a suggestion for
implementing a goal in a way that is easier for packagers, by all means
make it.  If you just want to complain about how doing things the right
way takes time then you're going to find your complaints get no respect.
  Respect, after all, is earned.

-Toshio