Guides Page - new Digital Television guide

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon May 4 07:36:58 UTC 2009

Eric Christensen wrote:
> I've created a guide page[1] on the wiki that shows all the guides
> that we are currently supporting.  My plan is to include a list of all
> the guides, a brief introduction paragraph, a sentence that tells
> people how they can become involved, and where they can find the guide
> (html, pdf, RPM, etc).
>
> Please visit the page and provide that information on your guide.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides

I made a new guide [1] about Digital Television in Fedora. Hopefully
this didn't already exist, and it should get people like [2] started.
However:

- I need a reviewer to proofread, test the content on a machine that
isn't already set up for dvb playback.

- more reviewers who have different TV hardware, that can provide simple
set up examples for eg USB and Firewire cards

- Can we link to general external DVB information like:
   - firmware
   - driver
   - specific DVB hardware guides ?

- some ideas on how to best handle the dividing line between Fedora
included and want user feedback on stuff v "he who cannot be named" that
actually allows video/audio playback in Fedora.
I was thinking that I would provide a link to an external google search,
that would lead the user to the application (playback) software on eg
RPM Fusion, and for that RPM Fusion wiki page to say go here [1] for the
basics, hardare, firmware, driver, config and testing information.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DavidTimms/DVB
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/337534

Let me know what you think either through direct editing or comments
here if you like.

DaveT.