Release Notes RPM up for review

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 12 15:33:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:12 AM, John J. McDonough <wb8rcr at arrl.net> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Christensen"

>> The Release Notes for F11 are in koji[1] and is ready to be evaluated.
>> Once it has been tested a freeze break needs to be requested.
>>
>> [1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=101786

I got it installed in a vm that was beta with yum update run.  I've
had some issue but I think they are the vm and mouse and not the r-n
package.  I did find some glaring mistakes though....

> - about-fedora appears on the system menu, and also on the Help yelp screen

true and true

> - the release notes appear on the Help yelp screen, and as html in
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/release-notes

I see them in Help and in  /usr/share/doc/HTML/fedora-release-notes

> - homepage appears in /usr/share/doc/HTML/index<lang>.html

This page is WAY out of date!
If this is the one that starts out 1. Welcome to Fedora!
and shows "This page is available in the following languages"  but
only lists about 8 languages?
And about 12 of the 40some release notes languages?
and links to the Desktop User Guide (draft english only) but the link
takes you to the Fedora 8 wiki version?
And should be known as the User Guide and point to a current version.
The link to Communicate should be updated to [[COmmunicate and getting
help]] even though the wiki redirects for us.
The other links look ok.
But what is with [note] NOTE - as if an image is missing?

While I have the skills to fix most of issues in the xml in
homepage.git (even if I need to get push access separately)  Should it
be done now even though we are too late for release candidate -
thought most of these changes do not get translated. or should we be
frozen at the moment? Should I be opening a bug for tracking so we do
not forget and for tracking?  Will I have push privilege or do I need
to get into yet another fas group?

> - readme, readme-live-image and readme-burning-isos are text files in
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/<docname>/<lang>

They are present.  I have not read them closely yet.

--
Susan Lauber, (RHCX, RHCA, RHCSS)
Lauber System Solutions, Inc.