[kerry at wsr.com: broken link on home page]

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 11 20:07:42 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-11 09:08:20 AM, John J. McDonough wrote:
> The proliferation of languages, formats and documents has made the old
> structure of docs.fp.o somewhat untenable.  rudi put together the new,
> much friendlier format.  Unfortunately, not all the "functionality" of
> the old format has been retained, and without a significant
> development effort, replacing that capability becomes a significant
> maintenance burden.
>
> It would be reasonable to provide some automation for a single document,
> but since no two documents seem to use the same naming/directory
> structure, such an effort would have to be on a per document basis.  It
> might seem to make more sense to restructure the site so there was some
> consistency, but given the number of documents/formats/languages and the
> slowness of cvs that turns out to be a huge job.
Would it be possible to get even a plain white list of languages links
to the HTML documents for just
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f12/ and
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/, or could we get a list
of URLs that need to be directed to the main docs.fp.o index?

We can't really change the link on the website at this point, being way
past the string freeze, and it's pretty important that those links go to
something especially for the F12 release (although fp.o is already
currently full of these broken links for F11 docs).

Thanks,
Ricky