how to become a docs contributor (video)

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 12:37:48 UTC 2009

Thanks to Karsten for a fantastic docs session - the lecturers (POSSE is
a weeklong bootcamp immersing professors in open source contribution so
they can get their classes involved) were impressed by not just the
quality of docs, and the processes and tools we use, but also by the
neat spontaneous learning moments that can happen in open source - the
notion of a contributor wandering by and going "oh, I can teach that!"
is, alas, a strange one in many academic institutions (but we're trying
to change that!)

> You may find the IRC log[3] interesting, but Mel did a good job
> capturing the basics in that screencast.  It is useful for showing to
> anyone who drops by #fedora-docs.  We'll try to get an OGG version to
> grab from somewhere so we can have it in the /topic on
> #fedora-docs. :)

Argh, I didn't copy the original ogg to my laptop (I did it from a
computer lab machine). I'll download the mp4 from youtube and put it on
my fedorapeople space temporarily - can anyone grab, convert to ogg and
host it... somewhere more appropriately permanent?

--Mel