Moving Docs Project to Category:Docs Project

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Wed Nov 25 12:58:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 22:41 -0600, Mel Chua wrote:
> > So we clearly have an organizational problem.  I agree that there is way
> > too much stuff out there.  From a management point of view I literally
> > live off of the "Docs Project meetings" page.  I've almost made it a
> > dashboard of items that I need.  So I don't actually sift through much
> > of the other noise that's out there.  But if people can't find something
> > that is actually there then that's a problem.
>
> I'm curious whether this might actually be something that could be
> tackled well in a sprint - not necessarily a full-blown FAD, but a few
> hours during which a bunch of Docs folks run through through this online
> and do enough cleanup that it's clear to any casual passerby what the
> wiki should look like at 100% completion[1] and what remains to make it
> look that way.
>
> A contingent of
> new-to-Docs-team-but-who-know-their-way-around-wiki-editing folks would
> probably be helpful from a "let's check out what information's findable
> and discoverable by people who don't already live in this section of the
> wiki" perspective.
>
> Random idea.
>
> --Mel
>
> [1] ...asymptotically reached ;)

Mel,
I got through a lot of the Docs pages the other day.  This was basically
the pages that were in Category:Docs Project.  We still need to go
through the other categories and see if those pages are still
appropriately categorized and if anything needs to go to the Archive:.

Last year we had a virtual FUDCon over the holidays where we had some
teaching classes and some working periods.  Maybe we can do the same
thing this year.

--Eric