Fedora 12 Beta Release Notes: How you can help

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Sep 3 12:58:45 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale Bewley" <dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu>
To: "For participants of the Documentation Project"
<fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: Fedora 12 Beta Release Notes: How you can help

> I finally found a couple hours to get started on a rough draft[2] of the
> virtualization relnotes today.
>
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dale/Drafts/F11_Virtualization_Release_Notes
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Virtualization

Dale

We want to include a table of changes in each beat.  I have added that table
to the Virtualization beat, although i suspect my list of packages isn't
complete. The differences noted are those between the current F11 and F12
Alpha.

This eliminates the need for your list of "xxx updated to..." (which I
didn't delete).  Three advantages by putting it in a table: 1) A user
looking for a particular bugfix or feature can find it quickly, 2) the table
doesn't need to be translated, and 3) the table can be generated
programatically.  This way the beat prose can focus on the really cool
stuff, and little details can be left for the upstream notes.

My list of packages is:

gnome-applet-vm
gpxe
guestfish