Fwd: BZ Component and Product Change Request

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:20:56 UTC 2009

On 09/10/2009 01:40 PM, Douglas Silas wrote:
> I have a pending request that I need to accomplish soon. There is a
> ticket for this request:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1667
>
> Mike, just to clarify: did you want the "doc-Deployment_Guide" component
> under "Fedora" or under "Fedora Documentation"? There seems to be some
> confusion about this.

Infrastructure is mostly unclear as to what the Fedora Documentation
Project is intending here.

* Is this rename something that Fedora Documentation would like to do
across the Board?

* Does Fedora Documentation want individual Guide maintainers to have
the option to rename but not want to rename all Guides?

* If it is indeed to be moved from the "Fedora Documentation" product to
the "Fedora" product, why is that?  Normally, "Fedora" is for packages
in the distro and there's no package for the deployment guide (at least,
not yet).

* If shifting bugzilla products, does that need to be coordinated with
the Packaging side of the project by talking to FESCo?

And lots of other questions like this :-)  Fedora Infrastructure can
make changes, but we'd be making changes to things owned by docs and
fesco so we want to make sure that the relevant owners are on-board with
the changes.

-Toshio