Docs Meeting Log 2009-09-10

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:45:48 UTC 2009

On 09/10/2009 04:49 PM, Dale Bewley wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 21:27 -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
>> 00:15:27 <jjmcd> Example tables/index in
>> http://jjmcd.fedorapeople.org/Download/f12alpha
>
> I'm really not crazy about the huge inline tables, and I'm dubious about
> their usefulness. Scrolling quickly through, it makes it very difficult
> to pick out any text and headings. I suppose when more text is added
> that is less of an issue.
>
> It seems to me that something this exhaustive should be a link to a
> report in the packagedb.
>
> The format of this report is less useful than yours is though. Links
> back to the upstream page are very nice. This also doesn't compare to
> the previous release.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/collections/id/21?_csrf_token=3e859ab8f97e04a2a0de070e8253a445496b8f57
>
> How did you generate that information? Can that code we placed into the
> pkgdb app?

About getting this into the pkgdb, we should have the capability to do
things like this in the next release but we haven't been planning a page
quite like it.  If someone wants to talk to mbacovsk and maploin about
what the purpose is and what hte requirements are, they can see about
adding it to the UI.

-Toshio