1st Draft: Package Management with RPM Update

Douglas Silas dhensley at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 00:40:45 UTC 2009

The first draft of the Package Management with RPM chapter is
complete and ready to be reviewed here:

http://dsilas.fedorapeople.org/Deployment_Guide/en-US/html-single/#ch-rpm

All comments/notes/suggestions welcome!

I've got a rough draft of the PackageKit (Graphical Package
Management) chapter (will capture better screens tomorrow) and  a
start on the YUM chapter, and hope to have first drafts of those
ready to review tomorrow.

That will complete the update for Part I of the Deployment Guide.

In addition, I've received lots of material to incorporate into the
Automated Tasks chapter of the Deployment Guide, which details
cronie (i.e. anacron).

Also, the BIND chapters have a technical reviewer and the update is
under way.

More details tomorrow.

Cheers,
--