Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:03:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:22:32AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/22/2009 12:19 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 08:40:46AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I did spend sometime outlining what needs to be done but I am not going
> >> to do that work. If someone else doesn't step up, it won't get done and
> >> that would be a pity. If you want to participate, details at
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Beta_release_notes
> >
> > Aren't the Beta release notes slated to be Publican-based and
> > published on the Web?
>
> If that's the case, I don't think I was made aware of it. Pointers?

Based on the same schedule everyone else is using for F12, in which
our original Alpha was dropped, then Beta -> Alpha and Preview ->
Beta.  The timing for F12 Beta matches what would have been the
Preview in releases before F12.  That's always been the phase in the
schedule when release notes are ported to DocBook, submitted for
translation, and then published on the web.

Having said that, it's up to the Docs team whether that's how these
release notes are handled, but I believe that's the plan that was
discussed in meetings, and judging by the commits and other work I've
been seeing (nice work, Rudi, jjmcd, and many others), I think that's
the work that's underway.  I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong,
though. :-)