Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Sep 21 21:26:08 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>
To: <fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

> Based on the same schedule everyone else is using for F12, in which
> our original Alpha was dropped, then Beta -> Alpha and Preview ->
> Beta.  The timing for F12 Beta matches what would have been the
> Preview in releases before F12.  That's always been the phase in the
> schedule when release notes are ported to DocBook, submitted for
> translation, and then published on the web.

Not only the release notes, but all the "minor" documents are now in
Publican.

Translations for release notes are arriving at a furious pace.  I'm having a
problem getting the automatic build for L10N going, but I expect to have
that going Thursday at the latest.  The intent, by the way, is to build
f-r-n.html frequently, probably nightly, so L10N can see their results.

The release notes are a little different this time.  The prose describing
the changes only hits the highlights.  This is followed by a long list of
tables identifying every change.  This way a person looking for that one
particular new feature or bug fix can find it, even if nobody else thought
it was important.  Since the only logical way to organize the changes seemed
to be by rpm_group, and depending on your particular perspective, the
rpm_groups may or may not make sense, we have also included an alphabetical

--McD