Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:33:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:33:02AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/22/2009 02:33 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>

> > Having said that, it's up to the Docs team whether that's how these
> > release notes are handled, but I believe that's the plan that was
> > discussed in meetings, and judging by the commits and other work I've
> > been seeing (nice work, Rudi, jjmcd, and many others), I think that's
> > the work that's underway.  I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong,
> > though. :-)
>
> I think, we need a docs announce list and some upfront announcements of
> such plans. I can't attend meetings or even read all the meeting minutes.

That doesn't follow.  The schedule for Docs tasks is published just
like others, by John Poelstra, our schedule-meister, in accordance
with the approval he gets from the Docs team members and leaders:

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-docs-tasks.html

According to that schedule, to which the Docs team has been referring
since before Fedora 12 development started, the release notes are
being executed as planned and communicated.  Setting up Yet Another
Mailing List is solving a problem that doesn't seem to exist as far as
I can tell.