Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:54:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 03:08:42AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/22/2009 03:03 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > That doesn't follow.  The schedule for Docs tasks is published just
> > like others, by John Poelstra, our schedule-meister, in accordance
> > with the approval he gets from the Docs team members and leaders:
> >
> > http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-docs-tasks.html
>
> I don't see where I can infer from this schedule that the Beta release
> notes is not supposed to be one page document as has been done up until
> now but published via Publican now.
>
> > According to that schedule, to which the Docs team has been referring
> > since before Fedora 12 development started, the release notes are
> > being executed as planned and communicated.  Setting up Yet Another
> > Mailing List is solving a problem that doesn't seem to exist as far as
> > I can tell.
>
> I am not just imagining the problem. It certainly does exist for me. How
> do I keep track of such important changes?  A schedule is just one part
> of it.

I'm not saying you're imagining a problem you're having.  But
extrapolating to the general community from yourself may not be the
right answer.  You attempt to track a lot of Fedora, which is
certainly your choice.  But then expecting all parts of the project to
make that easier for you as a corner case is a little out of step with
general open source conventions.  Most contributors pick and choose
where they want to be involved, they don't try and track every part of
the project.  You and I are exceptions.

It's easy to set up mail filters for "Meeting," "Minutes" or some such
if you just want to see important stuff from certain lists, and not
read everything.