Won't be working on Fedora 12 Beta release notes

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Sep 22 15:16:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 18:00:11 -0400,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric's talking about the mailman software that runs this list.  Many
> long-time users refer to mail managers generally as "listservs" even
> if the software's not the same.  There's actually software called
> "listserv" if memory serves (ha!).

There was both listproc and listserv. They had crash bugs, which almost
certainly means they had security bugs. We were still using one of them at work
after spam starting being a problem and some of the spam messages (which
tended to have long headers more than usual messages) would crash the
server.