Self-introduction

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 4 22:53:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Nathan Thomas  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Nathan and I live in Canterbury, United Kingdom. I've been a
> Linux user for approximately two years, and have recently settled on Fedora
> as my distribution of choice. I'd describe myself as a fairly competent
> desktop user, and I'm slowly finding my way around the command line, though
> I have no programming skills. I mainly use my computer for writing essays
> (I'm a student at the University of Kent) and other texts (creative texts
> for performance, art and performance reviews, etc) - for this I use Vim and
> reStructured Text. In the past I have written and edited newsletters,
> process and training documentation, and guides for a small charity.
>
> Although I'm no Linux expert I can write clearly and engagingly, and I'm
> keen to learn. I'm particularly interested in documenting the community
> aspects of Fedora (how Project members communicate with each other, work
> together, present themselves to others) and in the Xfce desktop, but I'm
> open to trying my hand at anything!
>
> Here's my GPG key:
> pub   1024D/9D3F5640 2009-11-30 [expires: 2011-01-04]
>       Key fingerprint = C739 F6D1 5CAA F08C EC61  5CEB EFE0 BF51 9D3F 5640
> uid                  Nathan Thomas
> sub   1024g/CE986279 2009-11-30
>
> I look forward to learning from you and working together to make Fedora even
> better!
>
> Yours faithfully,
> Nathan Thomas
>
> --

Hi Nathan:

Thanks for the introduction.
We normally hang out on #fedora-docs on irc.freenode.net. We have a
document here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo if
you need more information on using IRC.

We have weekly meetings on Wednesday evenings at 00:01 UTC in #fedora-meeting

If you see something you want to start working on, please don't
hesitate to jump in. All of our fomral guides are written in DocBook
XML using Publican to publish them. We also tend to be gardeners of
the wiki, and push some content there as well.

David Nalley