Agenda addition

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:06:37 UTC 2005

Karsten,

I have a potential add for the first meeting agenda (4/19):

* Discuss any applicable pre-existing policies, as well as FDP-specific
additional policies, for CVS usage

For those of us who are neither frequent CVS users nor @redhat.com,
guidelines would be very helpful.  Example questions from exceedingly
naive individuals such as myself might include:

"How do I know when I can add something to CVS?"
"Whom should I consult before making editorial changes to an existing
document?"
"Whom should I consult before making cosmetic/trivial changes to an
existing document?"
"How sacrosanct is the CSS setup?"
"Err... should I only be seeing CVSROOT in the repository right now?"

It's very important to me, as a new CVSer, that I know the limits of my
empowerment, so to speak.  I want to Get the Work Done, but I don't want
to step on toes along the way when avoidable.  I don't work in a group
software project environment as part of my daily work functions, so
these answers aren't self-evident to me.  Quick scans through existing
CVS documentation doesn't reveal much in the way of the "meta-
policies" (?) that may be in place.

Hopefully this won't skew our first meeting too much.  If this is better
discussed here on the list, anyone who can shed light on the topic is
free to chime in.