Agenda addition

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 09:35:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:40:24 -0700, "Karsten Wade" <kwade at redhat.com>
said:

"For starters, I think only a writer or editor of a particular document
should be mucking about in those specific directories."

I suppose that the main process thing then, is for us to keep a list of
who maintains which documents/modules.

"I _think_ people tend to stick within their project directories, i.e.,
modules.  That's how we do it on the RH docs team.  One tree per guide,
and one person 0wns it."

FWIW, I like the simplicity of having a single named maintainer for
accountability purposes, even if the work is being by multiple people.

"For FDP, I'd like to see collaboration possible within directories.
We'll need some lightweight policy in place, such as, coordinate with
your project team on who is committing what to where, use intelligent
naming and division of <section>s into files, etc."

This may sound like a nitpick...  Perhaps "guidelines" rather than
"policy" ?  Different documents may develop different maintenance
arrangements to suit the circumstances (e.g. Release Notes vs. Install
Guide vs. a tutorial).

(The odd quoting is because I'm on Webmail).
--

Stuart Ellis