Admin question

Mark Johnson mjohnson at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 18:57:11 UTC 2005

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 07:55 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>>Karsten,
>>
>>I received mail from the Fedora accounts system asking me to approve
>>someone for CVS access -- strangely enough, the surak guy you asked me
>>about.
>

> Yeah, we all got those, new feature Elliott put in yesterday.  I don't
> yet know the entire meaning of that part of the admin tools.
>
> Let's hold off on approving any new people until we have guidelines to
> point them at.  Can't go spanking anyone's hands for reaching in the
> wrong cookie jar until we've posted the Cookie Jar Rules.

Is this the sort of content that would be appropriate for the process doc?

(* mrj reads rest of message...)

Better yet, is the above question (who approves CVS access) plus the issues
below (who qualifies for CVS access) the kind of stuff I should put in the
process doc draft?

Too specific? Or a smartly-documented decision procedure?

Feedback, pleeze...

Thanks,
Mark