Governance policy

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 17:07:45 UTC 2006

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Charter ?

> For several years, Karsten has chaired this project well, and I haven't
> seen anyone beating down the doors to change that -- we've had to
> proactively reach out and grab new people for the FDSCo, as a matter of
> fact.  Perhaps we should have something written and plan an election as
> best we can, since there is existing code for elections provided by
> Toshio for FESCo.

Definitely what we are thinking, afaik.  I put out a message earlier
this year that while I was going to have to skip my initial
pass-the-reins date, we definitely want to be looking at some turnover
in project leadership, etc.

> Would someone be interested in drafting one?  It may be possible to find
> one elsewhere and copy it, but at the same time review it to make sure
> it works for Docs, seeing as how we have a very small active membership
> relative to some other parts of Fedora.

Do you have something we can compare that charter to, see what is
missing?

This project was born from the early success of Extras and FESCo, it
makes sense to continue to bring ourselves inline with that.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project