Fwd: Re: Draft: Steps to get DocsProject's CVS write access

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Tue Jun 20 20:14:18 UTC 2006

Tommy, I'm forwarding this email to the fdsco-list. Thanks!

Subject: Re: Draft: Steps to get DocsProject's CVS write access
Date: Tuesday 20 June 2006 14:42
From: "Tommy Reynolds" <megacoder at gmail.com>
To: "Hugo Cisneiros" <hugo at devin.com.br>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HugoCisneiros/Prototypes/CvsDocsAccess
>
> It's really simple, but as I looked throught DocsProject's wiki, I'll have
> to change many things :)

Hugo,

I'd like to see the emphasis of this change into a more positive
light.  The key point is that we are adapting an apprentiss or a
mentoring system along with the focus on the plone web services.
In effect, this de-emphasises the need to automatically get CVS
access in order to contribute to the project.

Rather than a "How Do I Get CVS Access" being the goal, I'd rather
see a new document, something  along the lines of "How Do I Participate
in Fedora Docs" where CVS will be just a minor part.

[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds