Summary of yesterday's Edu-SIG Meeting

sebastian at when.com sebastian at when.com
Sat Apr 26 14:49:02 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

here are some news from yesterday's meeting. I have updated some wiki
pages, so you may have look at the log right here:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Meetings/2008-04-25

On the other hand, I extended the agenda page here:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Education/Agenda

It now also contains information and results of the meeting.

The major points are:

    1. identify the use-case for the spin
    2. focus on a specific topic concerning the spin
    3. decide whether we want to have a CD or a DVD
    4. release the spin (get it approved) and get as much feedback as possible

It was suggested to focus on K12 education software and maybe on a
specific domain for the spin.

In the meantime, we would need help with organizing the edu apps. So
currently, I'm trying to get the list somehow sorted, while Rex has a
look at the comps groups.

If you have any ideas, please feel free to add them to the wiki or to
speak up here.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Sebastian Dziallas