Possible Edu-SIG Meeting

DP Office office at divad.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:55:18 UTC 2008

I do not know if I would be able to make a meeting at the moment but I
would certainly be interested in the proceedings if there were notes or
some sort of report or resume.

My interest  would be :  (1)good educational software

                                    (2) I do some work for a charity and
I believe the LTSP offers great possibilities for the third world but
what is missing is an accurate and up to date appraisal of the hardware
to match the software. Most of the information is out of date. Schools
need to know what power of server and clients are needed to run the
current version of LTSP (in a version of Fedora) for tasks such as
browsing with firefox,  writing up a project in OOwriter etc.

David Power