[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] Your views on "trac on a Livecd " ?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 28 23:20:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> There is a video session and presentation on git tutorial by Bart
> Trojanowski which is really good. You can ask him if it can be shipped
> with the DVD? He gave me permission to re-use his presentation under
> CC with attribution:
>
> http://excess.org/article/2008/07/ogre-git-tutorial/

Hello Shakthi,

I think you got me wrong here. I was not really thinking about
- how to use git/trac/svn as individual software
but rather
how a combination of all these 3 could be used by CAD engineers to
automate their internal home based methodologies through a ticketing
service.

As you can see, it would rather be giving people the chance to enhance
their existing design methodologies or platform for hardware
development.

Example:
- A university can try (as in trial) this ticketing service + version
control and decide to expand their course to a long distance teaching
method.
- 2/3 people scattered around the world but have the same idea, they
will be introduced with FEL of such mechanism which allows them to
collaborate irrespective of their timezone.

To sum up, these are ways to improve hardware development with opensource tools.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh