[Fedora-electronic-lab] vacation and tasks before general FEL-12 release

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:11:27 UTC 2009

Hello there,

As from the 14 october, I'll be in Fedora vacation till the 25 of october.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Vacation

I won't be able to answer any of your emails during that timeframe. I
apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

However, we (FEL team) are ahead in schedule in terms of FEL
development cycle compared to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/Schedule

Since every Fedora SIG has entered final freeze and F-12 branch has
already been created, I would encourage you to try rawhide or the
nightly spins.
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/electronic-lab/

I would really appreciate if you could help with the testing.

=== TASKS TO COMPLETE BEFORE RELEASE ===

Spin
 * Verify that latest version (which has been built on koji) of
electronics-menu, toped, fped, avra and picprog have been tagged for
F-12 - TO BE DONE
 * New website migration ( still pending on Fedora Infrastructure
progress on this )
 * Test nightly spins - TO BE DONE

Marketing materials:
 * FEL-12 Release announcement - TO BE DONE
 * Everyone blogs about the features of FEL-12 - TO BE DONE
 * FEL-12 flyer - done -
http://chitlesh.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/draft-fedora-electronic-lab-12s-flyer/
 * FEL-12 release notes - done -
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf

Opened tickets on Fedora hosted:
Since these are tasks and requests for enhancements, we will have to
deduce a date to migrate those tickets from F-12 milestone to F-13
milestone.

kind regards,
Chitlesh
--