[Fedora-electronic-lab] Dead Upstream what should we do ?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 31 20:28:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Shakthi Kannan < hidden > wrote:
> Do you want to put these tasks as low priority, or do you want these
> to be taken by any new-comers who can use it as a learning exercise?
>
> Is it possible for you to prioritise the tickets?

Actually anyone has the right to prioritise any ticket.

As for this dead upstream discussion, I won't encourage forking if
there is an upstream. However, if there is no upstream then I think it
would be best to migrate the code/features to another EDA tools whose
development is active. Of course, this would entail first discussing
with both upstream. Such discussions can be carried out here on this
mailing list.

Indeed such tasks can be done by new-comers. We need to have something
to track such progress, which comes to another question I'm unable to
answer:

Do we need a wiki or should we stick with our ticket based system ?

Currently we have a wiki on FedoraProject.org and another one on
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab. We are not using both.

Chitlesh