Suggestion: quilt

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Apr 4 06:47:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 01:54:34PM -0400, Toshio wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 20:21 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I built a package for quilt that I think should be up to Extras
> > standards.  I believe I have a sponsor already, but I'm still firming
> > some things up with my employer before submitting my papers for CVS
> > access.
>
> Here's a patch for your quilt package.  Changelog:
>
> - Full URL for Source.
> - Changed some of the entries in the %%files section to own more
>   directories, add more docs, and mark config files as config.

How about marking config files also as noreplace? And I really don't
think that this package should own /etc/bash_completion.d/ because it is
already owned by the bash-completion package.
How about using a trigger for the bash-completion stuff like I have seen
it in other packages (mpc).

> - Add some BuildRequires, configure switches and Requires so various
>   quilt commandline options work.

I would also rather see a package without a dependency on
%{_sbindir}/sendmail, is this possible?

The Requires can also be shorted: rpm-build requires perl, patch, mktemp
coreutiles requires grep, findutils so that at least the Requires on
perl, patch, mktemp, grep and findutils could be removed.

The %description is a bit unusual for Fedora packages because I haven't
seen that the Authors are mentioned in any other description. I have only seen
this in suse packages and it looks a bit odd.

		Adrian